Cape Fear Regional Theatre and the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Cape Fear Valley are proud to announce the 2020 SENIOR CLASS DANCE CHALLENGE!
Hey 2020 Senior Class of Cumberland County (public, private, or home school), we want to celebrate YOU! We have lined up Emmy-award winning celebrity choreographer Tyce Diorio (Taylor Swift’s Reputation tour and “So You Think You Can Dance”) to create a dance just for you! Tyce will choreograph to Meghan Trainor’s song “I Love Me.”
Sign up for online sessions where we will break the dance down for you, then you will submit videos of yourself doing the choreography! CFRT will edit the submissions together into one music video which will premiere on the CFRT Facebook Page on Saturday, May 30 at 8:00pm.
To receive the password to watch the video, please register by CLICKING HERE. You will receive an email with all of the details.
A Message from Choreographer Tyce Diorio:
How it works:
- Fill our our Registration Form by clicking here.
- You must upload a photo of your school ID to be included.
- Watch Tyce’s choreography video and learn the moves.
- Join us for a virtual dance class so you can perfect the choreo and get feedback!
- Class dates/times: Mon. 5/18, Tues. 5/19, Wed. 5/20 @ 6:00pm
- If you do not need additional help learning the choreo, you do not have to attend the classes. If you want personal help or have any questions, these sessions are for you! Not a dancer? Not a problem! Send us a picture and we will include it in the video.
- Film your video and submit it by clicking here.
- Videos must be submitted by noon on Saturday, May 23.
- Watch the premiere on CFRT’s Facebook on Saturday, May 30 @ 8:00pm
Meghan Trainor’s I Love Me
- What part of the song are we learning?
- You will learn choreo to a verse, the chorus and a finale.
- How will you choose what part of the video I’m in?
- We will watch all of your video submissions and piece the video together so the moves fit with the music.
- What if I don’t want to dance and I still want to be recognized?
- No worries!! Submit a picture of yourself and we will include it in the video.
- Can my friends and I do it together?
- Sure! Please follow the recommended social distancing guidelines and stay safe. You can have as many people in the video as you can safely fit per Governor Cooper’s orders at the time of submission.
- What do I wear?
- Let your outfit tell YOUR story! Wear your prom dress/suit, graduation cap & gown, or school colors. We want to celebrate your accomplishments! Your outfit must be “school” appropriate or we cannot include it.
This program was made possible with financial support of the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Cape Fear Valley.