Cape Fear Regional Theatre is located in Fayetteville North Carolina. CFRT is a non-profit with a $1.7 million operating budget and a dedicated staff of 16. Each year, CFRT reaches more than 49,000 people through six award winning mainstage productions, a recurring community-based holiday production, Blues-n-Brews (an annual fundraiser – with beer!), and a broad range of education and outreach programs. CFRT’s building has a 285-seat mainstage theatre, scenic and costume shops, and administrative offices, as well as an adjacent education center and off-site storage warehouse. Fayetteville is the sixth largest and among the most diverse cities in North Carolina. It is a big city with a small-town vibe.
CFRT is in the midst of a $1 million floor to ceiling theatre renovation, which includes new HVAC, a new, custom sound system, and a full aesthetic revamp. The renovation will be finished in September of 2021, and CFRT will open its 60th anniversary season in October.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.cfrt.org/about-us/#employment for more information.
Reports to: Managing Director
Time Commitment: Full-time (40+ hrs per week) Occasional Nights and Weekends
Responsible for planning and implementing all fundraising efforts for the theatre in conjunction with the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers. Working with a grant writer, the Development Associate is responsible for overseeing CFRT’s contributed income from sponsors, grants, and individual donors
Fund Development (Donor Development)
- Together with Managing Director, develop long-term fund-development plan to include fundraising goals and strategies
- Develop and implement individual donor cultivation plan, including donor recognition and communication plans
- Issue tax letters, thank you notes, and follow through on other donor benefits each year
- Maintain donor records and donor database
- Identify and research prospective large donors, including, sponsors and co-producers and individuals
- Serve as liaison for organization at public events and participate in networking and donor cultivation opportunities as applicable
- Support Managing Director to identify, cultivate and solicit businesses and vendors for co-producer (show sponsor) consideration
- Track Co-Producer benefits, follow ups, and payments.
- Oversee the implementation of Blues-N-Brews, CFRT’s signature fundraising event.
- Plan and execute the Patron Party, CFRT’s annual donor recognition event.
- Identify opportunities for and execute special fundraising events, thank you events, and cultivation opportunities
- Maintain database of endowment pledges and gifts
- Work with Foundation to ensure follow-up of annual pledges and recognition for gifts
- Detail oriented and self motivated
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Donor Database experience a plus
- Ability to problem-solve
- Creative mindset and passion for the arts