WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR TALENTED INDIVIDUALS TO ADD TO OUR CREATIVE AND ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF. CAPE FEAR REGIONAL THEATRE PROVIDES A FUN, FAST PACED WORKING ENVIRONMENT WITH MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO LEARN AND GROW.
IF YOU DON’T SEE A POSITION THAT IS A FIT FOR YOUR SKILLS, PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN, AS OUR STAFFING NEEDS ARE CONTINUOUSLY EVOLVING AS WE GROW.
Cape Fear Regional Theatre (CFRT) seeks a full time Bookkeeper/Accountant. Accountant will be responsible for the oversight and generation of CFRT’s financial statements, reconciliation of its accounts, payroll, grant reporting, regulatory compliance, audit, and tax filings.
• Manages the full cycle of accounting duties, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Verifies, allocates and posts details of business transactions in online accounting software.
• Works with Managing Director to develop and implement operating and capital budgets.
• Prepares monthly financial statements and supporting documentation.
• Prepares profit and loss statements for each production, special event and program.
• Processes contracts, artist payments, union reports, benefits and dues payments, and information requests.
• Coordinates payroll activities, including processing employee timesheets, preparing checks and monthly payroll tax returns.
• Assists with budgeting and financial reporting on grant applications and reports.
• Assists auditor with year-end documentation
• Supports Managing Director as requested in areas of financial management, human resources, legal, IT, and other CFRT policies and procedures.
Required skills: Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in bookkeeping or accounting. Proficiency with Microsoft suite products especially Excel, accounting software (Peachtree/Sage preferred), and databases. Strong internal customer service skills, ability to meet deadlines, and desire to take on challenges. Accountant reports directly to Managing Director.
Competitive salary and opportunities available for advancement.
Please send letter of intent, resume and references to: CFRT Managing Director, 1209 Hay Street, Fayetteville, NC 28305 or firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Click here to see complete job description.
Managing Director Cape Fear Regional Theatre (CFRT) seeks a full time Managing Director. Managing Director to oversee, implement and ensure the sustainability of CFRT’s operations, programs, finances, and community support.
CFRT Mission: We believe in the power of storytelling and the visceral impact of live theatre. We strive for the highest standards of excellence in our artistic work, educational offerings, and outreach efforts. We provide the region a place to come together to laugh harder, think deeper, share our experiences and grow as a community.
The Managing Director works with Board of Directors and Artistic Director to ensure the programmatic and operational integrity, sustainability and excellence of CFRT.
- The Managing Director is a highly external role, advancing the relationship between the Theatre and other organizations including government agencies, advocacy groups, and businesses.
- Works closely with the Board to determine and implement the strategy that supports CFRTs long term vision of providing the region with a place to come together to laugh harder, think deeper, share our experiences and grow as a community.
- Creates budgets with Artistic Director and Board’s approval. Provides responsible fiscal oversight. Reports monthly to the Finance Committee.
- Currently CFRT has a 56/44% Earned to Contributed Income. The MD sets the strategy for theater’s fundraising and implements the strategy with the Board, Artistic Director, and Development Director, including grants, fundraisers, Co-Producers, Advertisement, Season Program, Patron and Season Subscriptions.
- Creates and manages special capital campaign budgets and fundraising plans as may be necessary for expansion and renovation needs of the theatre with Board Committee.
- Implements financial management policies and procedures, including coordinating and preparing annual audit.
- Oversees the marketing strategy with Marketing Director and Audience Services Manager.
- Ensures all community events, productions and programs have the greatest impact possible.
- Last season over 3,000 active duty military veterans and their families received subsidized tickets to our shows. Bragg presents a large growth opportunity but it is a highly transient population and as such present a need for consistent renewal of outreach and marketing efforts to engage this part of our community.
- Oversees the recruitment of volunteers for the organization.
- The Managing Director helps to advance the relationship between the Theatre and various local and regional organizations, including government agencies and advocacy groups, community and local businesses and arts organizations.
- The Managing Director/Artistic Director team presents the public face and may be called upon to speak to private and public organizations and the press.
- Executes and upholds agreements with Actors’ Equity Association, United Scenic Artists, and Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers.
- Serve as the organizational lead in securing temporary facilities and accommodations as required by the operation of the theatre.
- Ensures compliance with all CFRT policies and procedures.
- Work with Board President and Secretary to set board meeting agendas and ensure that all notices of meetings, minutes and records are being kept.
- Provide appropriate staff support to Board of Directors.
- CFRT has 16 full time employees and the Managing Director Supervises: Development Director, Marketing Director, Accountant/Bookkeeper, Box Office Manager, Audiences Services Manager, Custodial, Concessions and FOH Staff.
- Create a culture of productivity, inclusivity and creativity.
- Other duties as described by Board of Directors.
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of non-profit management experience. A love of theatre and understanding of how the arts can foster stronger communities. A desire to create and participate in a learning culture work environment. High level of administration, financial and communication skills. Excellent written/oral communication skills; ability to multi-task across several projects; strong attention to detail. Experience with QuickBooks, Excel, and Outlook. Competitive Salary. Cape Fear Regional Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We strongly encourage applications from women and people of color.
To apply send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to email@example.com.